Saturday, August 15, 2015

No Condemnation - Romans 7:21-8:2

Romans 7:21 - 8:2 ESV 
So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Life in the Spirit
​There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Those in Christ Jesus seem to be in an impossible situation. The laws of Spirit and flesh are both present and active, in direct opposition to each other, waging war with life and death implications. 

There is nothing we can do except trust in Jesus. He has made the way of life. Though we are still in the flesh with all its weaknesses, Jesus overcame those weaknesses. He has set us free and we are free indeed from the law of sin and death. It has been replaced by the law of the Spirit of life, made possible by His victorious presence within each believer. 

Condemnation is left behind. Let us remember and rejoice in this fact. Let us confess our sins and praise God they are already forgiven. To live in the knowledge of His grace is to live boldly in the freedom of that grace. 

Know and keep the faith of grace. Keep the focus on Christ and rely on His strength. He will not let you fail. We are delivered and will stand before the throne of life. Our work is to believe. 

No comments: