Saturday, August 22, 2015

I Ate - Genesis 3:9-13

Genesis 3:9-13 ESV 
But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?” The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.” Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Was Adam predestined to fail? Did he have no choice? If you believe that some are predestined for salvation and some are not, you will have to say yes. Was it God's plan that Adam would die? 

No, choice is always necessary for the perfection of love and God is that perfect love.

Adam was created in the image of God, placed in the garden of Eden that contains the tree of life and a tree of knowledge of good and evil. It was a garden of choice, of believing God or not believing God. Would he trust God or trust himself? The choice was his.

The same choice is before us. Jesus made it possible once again for us to choose God. The fruit is before us and we will eat one or the other. God has not predestined our choice, but he has predestined the outcome. Jesus who was slain before the foundation of the earth. Faith will have its fruition. Believing God has always been the most important thing. Believing will bring us back to the garden of His presence and His life.

Adam and eve tried to deflect the blame, but in the end admitted, "I ate." Our choice cause is between the bread of heaven or the fruit of the earth. The banquet of heaven is spread before us. Which one do you choose?

No comments: