Thursday, September 22, 2016

On The Rock - Exodus 33:18-23

Exodus 33:18-23 ESV 

Moses said, “Please show me your glory.” And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The Lord.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy. But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” And the Lord said, “Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock, and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen.”

We will not see the Lord face to face until He comes for us, but there is a way to behold His glory in the meantime. 

Moses is told there a place beside the Lord which is the rock. This is  a reference to the coming work of Jesus Christ. He is the rock of our salvation and He has sat down beside the Father on His throne in heaven. If we are in the body of Christ, we are in the safety of that rock. We are protected by the hand of God and transferred into the kingdom of heaven. 

We have the privilege of seeing His back as we follow in His footsteps that lead to eternal life. 

No comments: