Monday, September 19, 2016

Flesh Of My Flesh - Genesis 2:23

Genesis 2:23 ESV 

Then the man said,
“This at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
because she was taken out of Man.”

The account of Adam and Eve gives a preview of the purpose of God. God enters creation through man, as we enter the Godhead through Christ. Heaven and earth are joined. 


Luke 24:36-39

As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

Jesus shows the disciples he is flesh and bone. 

When we enter the body of Christ, we are adding our flesh to his body. He shares the bone of his Spirit. A new man is born in this union. 

Jesus is the first new man. 
His bride is the church joined with his body. 

His blood has been spilled and we have been washed in it. Our life is no longer in the blood, but in Christ. We are no longer confined to the life in the blood, but have been freed for life in Christ. 

No comments: