Monday, September 26, 2016

Fulfilled - Luke 4:21

Luke 4:21 ESV 
And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

Luke 22:37
For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.”

Luke 24:44
Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

In one way the law did not go away. Jesus fulfilled the law. The law teaches the righteousness of God and our weakness in abiding by that law. Jesus showed us how to be the righteousness of God and the way to finally obey the requirements of God. That possibility is within the reach of every one. This is confirmed by the many who have done just that and by the witness of the Holy Spirit. 

The old law no longer applies to anyone who is in the body of Christ. They have fulfilled the law through Jesus. We are in the will and purpose of God for the glory of creation, for the glory God. 

There is one word from the word of God that lies at the end. It is the same word that was at the beginning. 

LOVE  

No comments: