Sunday, August 11, 2013

Will Bring Them Back - Jeremiah 32:36-38

Jeremiah 32:36-38 ESV 
 “Now therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning this city of which you say, ‘It is given into the hand of the king of Babylon by sword, by famine, and by pestilence’: Behold, I will gather them from all the countries to which I drove them in my anger and my wrath and in great indignation. I will bring them back to this place, and I will make them dwell in safety. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Jeremiah speaks of God's wrath as signified by sword, famine, and pestilence. 

This judgement is directed toward the city of Jerusalem.  It is a prophesy which connects long ago with what is to come. The same imagery is used of three horseman in Revelation. 

As surely as He drove them from the land, He will bring them back. Despite the pursuit of the woman in Genesis by the dragon, when the day of The Lord is accomplished, they will live in the land in peace. The dragon will be no more. No longer will the nations be deceived. 

God will be their God and our God for He is God. 

No comments: