Saturday, August 17, 2013

Find Rest - Matthew 11:28-30

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB 
“ Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy- laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Jesus calls to all that suffer, who are weary. Though we all bear the yoke of sin, there are many who have not grown tired of its weight. It has grown comfortable and we don't know any better, or we have grown to like it. 

Only when we begin to grow weary are we able to hear His call.  We begin to see His riches only when we feel our poverty. It is then we become willing to trade the yoke of sin for His rest. 

We learn rest and peace from Him.  It is the yoke of freedom. 

No comments: