Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Will Restore - Jeremiah 49:36-39

Jeremiah 49:36-39 ESV 
And I will bring upon Elam the four winds from the four quarters of heaven. And I will scatter them to all those winds, and there shall be no nation to which those driven out of Elam shall not come. I will terrify Elam before their enemies and before those who seek their life. I will bring disaster upon them, my fierce anger, declares the Lord. I will send the sword after them, until I have consumed them, and I will set my throne in Elam and destroy their king and officials, declares the Lord.
 “But in the latter days I will restore the fortunes of Elam, declares the Lord.”

John uses this same imagery in Revelation. Four angels hold back the wind of destruction on earth until they are unleashed in the last days.  The Lord disciplines in His anger and wrath, but discipline is given to those He loves. 

The nations will be consumed, but they shall be restored.  No longer will they be deceived by Satan, but shall worship The Lord and stream to the New Jerusalem to do so. 

No comments: