Monday, January 30, 2017

Then You Shall Know - Ezekiel 37:11-14

Ezekiel 37:11-14 ESV 


Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.’ Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the Lord.”


The Lord says He will bring Israel back as a nation and back into their land. This is impossible you might say, and you would be right. For man it is, but with God all things are possible. 


The Lord tells us why He is doing this. "Then you shall know that I am the Lord." A miraculous thing has and is taking place. As Jesus said long ago, if you don't believe my words, then look at the signs and miracles I have done before your eyes. Some believed, but many did not. 


Today God has performed a miracle before the world. Some will see it for what is, but many will not. Seeing is not always believing, just as knowing is not always understanding. There has always been an unbelieving generation. 


The Lord came to the earth, yet many do not believe. The Lord brought Israel back into their land, yet many do not believe. The Lord will return, yet many will not believe. The Lord tells us these things before they happen so we will know and believe. 


"Then you shall know that I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the Lord.” 

No comments: