Saturday, January 7, 2017

For Jerusalem And For Zion - Zechariah 1:14-17

Zechariah 1:14-17 ESV 


So the angel who talked with me said to me, ‘Cry out, Thus says the Lord of hosts: I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion. And I am exceedingly angry with the nations that are at ease; for while I was angry but a little, they furthered the disaster. Therefore, thus says the Lord, I have returned to Jerusalem with mercy; my house shall be built in it, declares the Lord of hosts, and the measuring line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem. Cry out again, Thus says the Lord of hosts: My cities shall again overflow with prosperity, and the Lord will again comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem.’”


The Church does not replace Israel as the people of God. We are part of the tree of life, grafted in as branches into revelation of God that began with Israel. 


The original tree was severely cut back, but it remains rooted and alive. From this tree the branch of Jessie sprouted forth and the branches of the Church are attached to the tree by that branch. 


We become the top branches of the mighty tree planted by God. Israel might be seen as the living creatures that makeup the throne of God. Their inheritance from God is a land covenant, with each tribe having their allotment. They are rooted in the land. We are born from above. 


The Lord is the inheritance of the Church and a Spiritual covenant. We are the bride of Christ. We will be changed into flesh like His to match the life we already share. 

No comments: