Sunday, January 15, 2017

My Hope - Psalms 62:5-7

Psalms 62:5-7 ESV


For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,

for my hope is from him.

He only is my rock and my salvation,

my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my salvation and my glory;

my mighty rock, my refuge is God.


To be still in the Lord is to wait on the Lord. 


This passage says our hope is from him. This can serve to remind us that we have no hope for life apart from Him. He brings hope into a hopeless situation. He brings hope into a world that lies in darkness and is unable to comprehend the light. 


It is the power of His love which reaches into our darkness and raises us into the light of His life. Our hope is not just from Him, but He IS our hope. 


This is our hope and a hope that is sure. It is there for all who hope in the Lord. 


Psalms 147:11

but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him,

in those who hope in his steadfast love.

No comments: