Thursday, July 31, 2014

Two Witnesses - Revelation 11:1-3


Revelation 11:1-3
The Two Witnesses​ 
Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months. And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”


They both proclaimed the word of God. 
They were both slain. 
They are both in heaven. 

Matthew 17:2-3
And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light. And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him.

Elijah and Moses are commonly proposed as the two witnesses in Revelation 11. 

John
Message - Repent. 
The spirit of Elijah 

Mark 1:4
John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Matthew 11:13-14
For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come.

  Mark 1:7-8
And he preached, saying, “After me comes he who is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Jesus   
Message - Repent and Believe  
the one foreshadowed by Moses. 

Deuteronomy 18:15-18
A New Prophet like Moses “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.’ And the Lord said to me, They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

Mark 1:14-15
Jesus Begins His Ministry Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Both were with Jesus on the mountain of transformation, then disappeared leaving only Jesus. They brought us to the mountain of The Lord. 

The OT and the NT both give witness about the coming of The Lord, the beginning and the end. 



No comments: