Saturday, July 18, 2009

Remain In Me

John 15:1-4 (NIV)

1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.


We are made clean in the Son when we receive the cleansing water of His grace. We then become part of the true vine. The fruit of grace enables us to be grafted into the life of God.


The Father prunes and shapes each branch so that more fruit appears, but remaining in Christ in required.

1 comment:

Briefcase said...

Remaining in Christ is required, true. Then you have clergy who would have us believe that remaining in a corrupt church is what's required, or you'll reject Christ. The one could be very far from the other.