Saturday, May 13, 2017

My Ways - Psalms 95:10-11

Psalms 95:10-11 ESV 


For forty years I loathed that generation

and said, “They are a people who go astray in their heart,

and they have not known my ways.”

Therefore I swore in my wrath,

“They shall not enter my rest.”


This generation would fall in the desert before reaching the promised land. They had seen the work of the Lord, yet did not follow Him in their hearts or learn His ways. They followed the Lord according to the ways of the world, but did not follow Him in the way He would have them go. 


The same thing can happen today. We might think we are doing the right thing and may do things in His name, and yet not be known by the Lord. He knows His own. 


The way to the kingdom of heaven does not so much mean being on the way as it does being in the Way. That is the way to Jesus, by knowing Him as we walk with Him. In doing so, we will rest easy with Him. 


No comments: