Thursday, May 4, 2017

An Almond Branch - Jeremiah 1:11-12

Jeremiah 1:11-12 ESV 


And the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see an almond branch.” Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it.”


The almond tree is the first to bloom after the winter season has stripped away the leaves of summer. Aaron's rod was a staff made of almond wood that blossomed and produced almonds. The lamp in the temple was fashioned like almond branches from which the light of God was portrayed in the seven flames which burned at the top of the lamp. These correspond to the seven torches in John's vision in Revelation of the throne room of God. 


The word of God is the light of the world. It is spoken before it takes place. He is watching over His word until "it is finished." One day He shall enter His rest on earth as we are made complete in the image of God. 

No comments: