Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Secret - Philippians 4:11-13

Philippians 4:11-13 ESV 

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

The secret Paul refers to is having God in all situations which allows us to lean on His strength to live in all situations. However the world is presented to us, He is there to provide His strength and peace for every occasion. We may not face the same constellation of challenges in the world, but we are all challenged to overcome the world. We participate in the same the same battle, but our personal experience and struggle is a unique role and witness in God's creation. But our victory and inheritance will be the same. 

Paul's secret is our secret. We are hidden in Christ. We are in the body of Christ. It is the light of the world and a secret that is to be willingly shared with each other and the world. 

No comments: