Monday, September 7, 2015

She Gave Me Fruit - Genesis 3:9-13

Genesis 3:9-13 ESV 
But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?” The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.” Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

The man died spiritually and became invisible in the kingdom of heaven as his light was extinguished. He entered the darkness that covered the earth. God could still see him for all things are laid bare before His eyes. Adam realized he was bare, or naked in God's eyes as well.

The man ate what the woman had eaten, but it was the woman that was deceived. This may be seen to foreshadow Christ taking on the sin of man on behalf of His bride the church. He did this knowingly and with love to redeem her. 

Eve bore a man with God's help. From this seed would come the Son of Man, born from above through the Holy Spirit. This would enable the sons of God to be reborn into the new creation God intended all along. The eating of the forbidden fruit enabled the fruit of the Spirit to spring forth. What the Devil meant for evil, God used for His purpose and it is very good. 

No comments: