Friday, January 18, 2008

Obedience

John 14:23-24

23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
NIV

Love is not an abstract thought. Jesus tells us that love and obedience are tied together. If we love Him it will be apparent to ourselves and to others. Our lives will reflect our new spirit. Obedience to God starts when we accept Jesus for who He is and what He did. As it continues and increases, we become more like Him who obeyed perfectly.

He promises that if we do, then He and the Father will come. They come in a personal way to each of us. They come with a love for you and I beyond what we can imagine.

Help me to love You more
Come make Your home with me

No comments: