Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Never Knew You

Matthew 7:20-23 (NIV)
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

In the end what matters is truly seeking God and doing the will of God. It doesn’t matter if we say and do the right things if we are faking it. It doesn’t matter what others think of us. It doesn’t matter what we think of ourselves. It only matters what God thinks. God alone will judge.

If we honestly and earnestly seek Him, if we try to walk in the way He would have us to walk, we will reach the kingdom. He will know us and welcome us with open arms.

Lord we seek to know You
Help us to seek Your will
And receive the joy that comes from both

No comments: