Monday, February 26, 2018

Alive Forevermore - Revelation 1:17-20

Revelation 1:17-20

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place after this. As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands, the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.


John becomes as one dead before Christ, which is exactly where we all are before we see Him for ourselves. In seeing Him we realize our life is not life. We begin to see beyond the grave of mankind and into the life of Christ. He lays His hand on us and we join Him in life evermore. He has acquired the keys of Death and Hades, but He is the key to life. 


The seven stars are the light of the seven churches which are supplied by the continuous flow of the oil of the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit of the one in the midst of the lampstands. It is the Lamb of God. 


No comments: