Saturday, July 18, 2015

Is Anything Too Hard? - Genesis 18:12-15

Genesis 18:12-15 
So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?” The Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.” But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” for she was afraid. He said, “No, but you did laugh.”

The good news is so unbelievably good it is hard to believe, but believe we must. The Lord said Sarah would have a son when Sarah was well past child bearing. Who would not have been doubtful? There is every reason to not believe what is said until you realize who makes this promise. 

He can and will do things beyond belief and our imagination. We will each be reborn into sons of God. There will be joy and laughter. 

When it was impossible for us to come to God on our own, He made a way. We might laugh at what He has said, but it has and is being accomplished. Laughter, indifference, or denial will never alter the truth of His word. 

It will expose our truth, or the lack of it. His word is truth. 
His word is Jesus Christ. 

No comments: