Saturday, November 12, 2016

Where I Am - John 12:24-26

John 12:24-26 ESV 


Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.


A grain of wheat represents the person whose spirit is awakened and made alive to God. There are many types of seeds from life on earth, but there is one seed which will bear the fruit of eternal life. 


It is only when we bury our earthly life in the dust of the earth that we are able to take root and grow into a more splendid and eternal life. We are able to break the surface of the ground to meet and prosper in the light of God. We become part of that light.


If we put self to death for God's life, we live in communion with His Spirit. 

If we choose our life to live, we will die alone. 


Choosing to follow Christ is choosing to be with Him. 

No comments: