Sunday, November 20, 2016

Where I Am Going - John 13:33

John 13:33 ESV 


Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going you cannot come.’


Why can't the disciples go where Jesus is going? It may be the two reasons of life and death. 


The disciples have not received and become part of the life of God through the giving of the Holy Spirit. That life would enable them to meet, overcome, and conquer death in the same manner as Jesus. 


It is the fate of every man to die once. It is through the gift of God's grace that some will live life in abundance after that death. One must die to self to live for God, to live in the truest sense. 


Now we can go where He has gone. He has made a way. 

No comments: