Thursday, November 24, 2016

I Will Not Leave You - John 14:18-20

John 14:18-20 ESV 


“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.


How long did Jesus leave us? How long was a little while? Between the time He ascended into heaven and He returned in the Holy Spirit. He is in us, you and me. 


We have not been left behind as orphans, but gathered as sons and daughters of the living God. He makes His home on earth in the Church, in the the temple of the hearts of believers who worship God in spirit. We live because we partake in His life. 


The time has come in which true worship does not take place on this or another mountain, but of spirit worshiping in Spirit. This is what God seeks. Seek and you will find this to be the case. 

No comments: