Saturday, April 30, 2016

I Will Consume Them - Jeremiah 14:11-12

Jeremiah 14:11-12 ESV 

The Lord said to me: “Do not pray for the welfare of this people. Though they fast, I will not hear their cry, and though they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence.”

These are the three judgements that become three horsemen in Revelation. They follow the white horseman who is the beast impersonating Christ. They represent the plagues of judgment incurred by an unfaithful Israel. 

Moses warned Israel what would happen if they were unfaithful to the covenant. The Lord long begged them to return before saying enough was enough. 

The time of Jacob's trouble is now and is to come. But a time for reconciliation will follow.   

No comments: