Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Have Borne Witness - John 1:32-34

John 1:32-34 ESV 

And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”

I see the Spirit descend from heaven and remain on each one who repents and believes in Jesus Christ. We rise from the water of our baptism a new creation in Christ. This is our baptism with the Holy Spirit, our sealing and union with the body of Christ. As long as we remain on earth so is the Spirit present. 

When the Lord returns, we will meet Him in the air. We will no longer be joined in Spirit only, but in body as well. 

I bear witness that we are sons of God. 

No comments: