Sunday, February 28, 2016

Press On - Philippians 3:12-14

Philippians 3:12-14 ESV  

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus

Paul says that he is not obtained his goal or achieved perfection, yet he is perfect in Jesus, for Jesus has made Paul his own. He is in the body of Christ. But being in the body of Christ does not mean our work is done. God is doing a work within us, but it is a joint effort as we become yoked in a shared effort by walking together. We move in the same agreed upon direction. We press on by the grace and power of His Spirit. 

From the mouth of Jesus we hear the word of God, the upward call to our inheritance.

Forget the earth below and look to the light ahead. Come and see. 

No comments: