Monday, January 18, 2016

Who Is Worthy - Revelation 5:1-4

Revelation 5:1-4 ESV 
Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?”
And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it,
and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it.

No one is found worthy to open the scroll and break its seals. No one even in heaven. We are told that evil exists in heavenly places. 

Ephesians 6:12

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Why does God choose to create man in His image and dwell in these creatures of the earth and redeem us for His own? Does this mean the angels are not created in His image?

I've never seen an angel, nor have I seen God. I've seen man, but only in part. One day we will all see clearly and we will know. 

Christ came for us, leaving the heavenly realms to join man in the most intimate way. He not only took our form, but He became our sin, enabling us to become His righteousness. We are now one with Him, as surely as a man and woman are united in marriage. 

We are brought into the body of Christ and from that body we are fashioned into the Bride of Christ. Adam and Eve become one sharing flesh and bone. We become one with Christ sharing flesh and bone. He will return from heaven the same way He went up. We will see that we are like Him when He returns. We will be in His image at last, our true image. 




Luke 24:39-40

See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.

No comments: