Tuesday, May 3, 2011

They Have Gone Away


Genesis 37:12-17 ESV
12 Now his brothers went to pasture their father's flock near Shechem. 13 And Israel said to Joseph, “Are not your brothers pasturing the flock at Shechem? Come, I will send you to them.” And he said to him, “Here I am.” 14 So he said to him, “Go now, see if it is well with your brothers and with the flock, and bring me word.” So he sent him from the Valley of Hebron, and he came to Shechem. 15 And a man found him wandering in the fields. And the man asked him, “What are you seeking?” 16 “I am seeking my brothers,” he said. “Tell me, please, where they are pasturing the flock.” 17 And the man said, “They have gone away, for I heard them say, ‘Let us go to Dothan.’” So Joseph went after his brothers and found them at Dothan.

The brothers were not found in the pasture where they were supposed to be. 
God sent His Son because we were not where we were supposed to be. 
He came to find us and bring us back to green pasture and still water, deep and drawn from the living water that brings life. 

No comments: