Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Life I Now Live

Galatians 2:19-20 (ESV Strong's)

19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


The path to the life of God is through death. That was decided when Adam ate the forbidden fruit and spiritually died and was driven from the presence of the Lord. 


For man to return to the presence of the Lord, he must go back the way he came. We must die to self. Jesus died Himself for us to open the way back to the Garden of decision. We meet with Him on our own cross of denying self. We are then each back in the Garden to learn obedience as He did when He walked on the earth as a man. If we persevere and overcome our flesh, we will eat from the tree of life. 


We have the Spirit within to lead us through the wilderness. The way can get dark, but He is a lamp unto our feet. 

No comments: