Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Lord, Lord - Matthew 7:21-23

Matthew 7:21-23 ESV 
I Never Knew You
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Just thinking about it or saying the right words can leave one short of entering the kingdom. Jesus tells us it is possible to say these things and still not be doing the will of the Father that opens the door to salvation. Another paradox is before us. It is not doing that will save us. We are incapable of doing anything to save ourselves. There is nothing we can do on our own. We must do something, but what is it?

It is the will of the Father that makes the difference. His will and not ours. The manifestation of the Spirit will reveal the presence of the Spirit. If the Spirit is present, He will know you. If you are unsure, ask Him and seek Him. He will be found and reveal Himself to your heart. 

No comments: