Tuesday, January 22, 2013

You Have opened - Psalm 40:6-8

Psalms 40:6-8 NASB
Sacrifice and meal offering You have not desired;
My ears You have opened;
Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required.
Then I said, “Behold, I come;
In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
I delight to do Your will, O my God;
Your Law is within my heart.”

The Greek word translated as "opened" could also mean pierced. If this was the case it could be implying a voluntary, completely committed relationship. "Behold, I come".

Jesus came to do the will of the Father. We trust in Him and the law is written in our hearts.
Our names are in the book of life.
Let us listen to the joy of our salvation.

Exodus 21:5-6
But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife and my children; I will not go out as a free man, ’ then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently.

No comments: