Saturday, February 9, 2008

Keep It Simple

Romans 12:9 (MSG)
9 Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good.

The life we lead may be overwhelming at times. There are many struggles and uncertainties. At times we are unsure of what to do. The Message version of this verse reminds me of the fundamentals of being a Christian. We don’t have to make it hard. I’ve heard of a respected theologian summing up the Bible’s message from the simple song of faith: “Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so.”

Seek that which is good. Flee from evil. God shows us the way in His Word.

I especially like the start of the verse which speaks of love and being real. That is what God allows us to do if we embrace His Spirit. We cannot do otherwise. That is true freedom.

May love find expression in me today and that the things I do be pleasing to You,

No comments: