Friday, February 8, 2008

Come Out And Be Separate

2 Corinthians 6:16-18 (MSG)
16 Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way: "I'll live in them, move into them; I'll be their God and they'll be my people.
17 So leave the corruption and compromise; leave it for good," says God. "Don't link up with those who will pollute you. I want you all for myself.
18 I'll be a Father to you; you'll be sons and daughters to me." The Word of the Master, God.

We are the dwelling place of the Lord. Is that not an awesome thought? The One who created all things and the one Who is above all things lives in us. He chooses to be with us. His desire is to be in a loving relationship with us, as a loving Father to His children.

But He requires something of us.

2 Corinthians 6:17 (NIV)
17 "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

We are to be a fitting place for Him to reside. Though we live in this fallen world, He has called us to come out, to be and live differently to His glory and ours. If we let go of our grip on the illusions of this world and take His hand, He will welcome us with a love beyond our comprehension. He will be our God and we will be His people.

Therefore come out from them and be separate.

Let the difference in me reflect the wonder of You

No comments: