Wednesday, January 30, 2019

When The Perfect Comes

1 Corinthians 13:8-13 (ESV Strong's)

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


We are children of God at the present moment. We will be until the perfect comes. Then we shall put aside our childhood and its childish ways when we come face to face with perfect love. We shall know as we’ve been known and love as we have been loved. We will be like Him. 


1 Corinthians 15:51-52 (ESV Strong's)

51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.


No comments: