Friday, November 13, 2015

Disciple's Prayer - Matthew 6:9-13

Matthew 6:9-13 ESV 

Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,

My Father I call out to you. I am your son. I am flesh of your flesh and bone of your bone. I partake in the wine and bread of the new covenant, which signifies the flesh and blood of Christ in the New Covenant. 

hallowed be your name.

How awesome is your name and worthy to be praised. Holy, Holy, Holy are You my God. With joy I sing of your mercy and grace. 

Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

May your kingdom grow within me and your will become my own. May heaven and earth become one in me. 

Give us this day our daily bread,

Let the bread of heaven be broken for me that it might satisfy my hunger, that I may be broken to feed those around me. 

and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Help me live in your love and forgiveness as I share your love and forgiveness with others. 

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Your rod staff, they comfort me. 
Keep me from harm and let me rest in the peace your arms.

Bringing the prayer to a more personal level. It applies corporately, but we must make it our own. We enter His body, but we must also enter a relationship with Him. We must add following Jesus to our belief in Him. He has healed you. Don't remain on the side of the road as He passes by. Get up and go with Him. This is discipleship. 

No comments: