Friday, June 12, 2015

In His Word - Psalms 130:2-5

Psalms 130:2-5 ESV 
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;

If not for His mercy, we would not stand a chance of being with the Lord. It is in His mercy He listens to our cries at all. 

Forgiveness only comes when we ask, when we seek Him. A word from us enables the word of God to transform and transfer us into His kingdom. Our soul finds it's peace in the salvation of God. 

We wait on and for Him. He has spoken and His word gives us life. We are new creations, the crowning fruit of all creation. It is in this word we live, hope, and wait. 

No comments: