Monday, July 22, 2013

It Shall Come To Pass - Jeremiah 12:14-17

Jeremiah 12:14-17 ESV 
Thus says the Lord concerning all my evil neighbors who touch the heritage that I have given my people Israel to inherit:“Behold, I will pluck them up from their land, and I will pluck up the house of Judah from among them. And after I have plucked them up, I will again have compassion on them, and I will bring them again each to his heritage and each to his land. And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, ‘As the Lord lives,’ even as they taught my people to swear by Baal, then they shall be built up in the midst of my people. But if any nation will not listen, then I will utterly pluck it up and destroy it, declares the Lord.”

The message is consistent in Scripture. 

There is one name by which all men will be saved. He overcame death and the world and lives, for He is the power of God.

Judah will once again teach the nations about The Lord. There are always those that will not listen. 

It shall come to pass. 

Amos 9:14-15
I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel,
and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them;
 they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine,
and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit.
 I will plant them on their land,
 and they shall never again be uprooted
out of the land that I have given them,”
says the Lord your God.

Zephaniah 3:19-20
Behold, at that time I will deal
with all your oppressors.
And I will save the lame
and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise
and renown in all the earth.
 At that time I will bring you in,
at the time when I gather you together;
for I will make you renowned and praised
among all the peoples of the earth,
 when I restore your fortunes
before your eyes,” says the Lord.

No comments: