Monday, May 27, 2013

Sold Under Sin

Romans 7:14-15 ESV 
For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

Who sells us to sin?  It is the old "us" that does this thing. We are of the flesh and were born that way. If we choose, we can die that way. Our flesh harbors the darkness of the world. The playground of darkness is in our flesh, this wonderful gift of life granted by our creator. 

God did not leave us in darkness, but gave the world His light. It shines on every man, though every man does not turn to that light. 

Our work as Christians is to stay turned to that light. It's not always easy. At times it wasn't for Paul and it is not for us. Our charge is to persevere as we bear the light of God within. Our flesh remains, though our spirit has been reborn. That is why we don't understand our actions and do things we would not choose. If we keep choosing Christ we can overcome the darkness and will be more than conquerors. Heaven and earth will unite and we become children of the light. 

No comments: