Sunday, November 4, 2012

Not Have Been Guilty -John 15:21-26

John 15:21-26 ESV
But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause. ’
26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.

His name is the same as His authority or account, which the Father, Son, and Spirit share in glory and majesty. There is but one God and creator of the cosmos.

Verse twenty-four addresses a common question about salvation and the justice of God. What about those in a remote jungle who have never heard of Christ? Are they condemned anyway? Are those born in a culture indifferent, unfamiliar with, or even hostile to the Gospel of Christ that leaves a new born soul landing in that spot on the earth without hope? All things are possible with God.

Though God demands justice, He is also love and light. He told Adam and Eve they would die if they disobeyed His commandment, but He provided a way back for mankind. Love will prevail. God knows better what He is doing than we can guess or imagine. We will not be disappointed if we trust in Him.

No comments: