Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You Have Received Mercy

Hosea 2:21-23 NASB
“It will come about in that day that I will respond,” declares the Lord.
“I will respond to the heavens, and they will respond to the earth,
22 And the earth will respond to the grain, to the new wine and to the oil,
And they will respond to Jezreel.
23 “I will sow her for Myself in the land.
I will also have compassion on her who had not obtained compassion,
And I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people! ’
And they will say, ‘ You are my God! ’”

1 Peter 2:9-10
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Romans 9:25-26
As indeed he says in Hosea,
“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’
and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved. ’”
26 “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called ‘sons of the living God. ’”

And God will hear the groaning earth and the moans of longing that pass the lips of fallen man. He will open the door of heaven and sow the seed of a new harvest. He will cause living water to refresh the land and provide bread to sustain it. The new wine of the new covenant shall fill their cup and the oil of His Spirit will never run dry. All those who call on His name will be saved.

The wine has been poured. The bread has been broken. The Spirit has been given. He has done this marvelous thing in our sight.

No comments: