Monday, June 11, 2012

By Another way

1 Kings 13:7-10 NIV
And the king said to the man of God, “Come home with me, and refresh yourself, and I will give you a reward.” 8 And the man of God said to the king, “If you give me half your house, I will not go in with you. And I will not eat bread or drink water in this place, 9 for so was it commanded me by the word of the Lord, saying, ‘You shall neither eat bread nor drink water nor return by the way that you came. ’” 10 So he went another way and did not return by the way that he came to Bethel.

The prophet came to the king to deliver God's message. He was instructed not to partake of anything offered by that king then leave by another way to return.

The wise men, after finding Jesus, returned home by another way.

The Spirit usually leads by another way. God has provided that way.

No comments: