Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hidden Manna -Revelation 2:17

Revelation 2:17 NIV
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.

Jesus said He was the bread of heaven. He is hidden now until He comes again. We partake of that hidden manna today in the form of the Holy Spirit. When He is revealed, so will we.

A white stone was given to victorious athletes for admission to victory banquets in Roman days. Jesus will give us access to His banquet table and we will celebrate with him.

The new name could have something to do with being a unique and distinct child of God. Perhaps it is this name we receive as we are reborn into the kingdom of heaven and is written in the book of life.

Adam named all the creatures on earth. Jesus will do the same for those who believe.


Psalms 78:24-25
and he rained down on them manna to eat
and gave them the grain of heaven.
25 Man ate of the bread of the angels;
he sent them food in abundance.


John 6:49-51
Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

Isaiah 56:5
I will give in my house and within my walls
a monument and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 62:2
The nations shall see your righteousness,
and all the kings your glory,
and you shall be called by a new name
that the mouth of the Lord will give.

Revelation 19:12-13
His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. 13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.

Revelation 3:12
The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

No comments: