Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Will Get Relief


Isaiah 1:23-27 ESV
23 Your princes are rebels

and companions of thieves.

Everyone loves a bribe

and runs after gifts.

They do not bring justice to the fatherless,

and the widow's cause does not come to them.


24 Therefore the Lord declares,

the Lord of hosts,

the Mighty One of Israel:

Ah, I will get relief from my enemies

and avenge myself on my foes.

25I will turn my hand against you

and will smelt away your dross as with lye

and remove all your alloy.

26 And I will restore your judges as at the first,

and your counselors as at the beginning.

Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness,

the faithful city.


27Zion shall be redeemed by justice,

and those in her who repent, by righteousness.

As if often does, history repeats itself. Forsaking God, Israel descended as a society and people. The chosen people became the enemy of God. We find the same thing in our nation, the same corruption and arrogance. We are witness to the disintegration into moral chaos when God is denied, when darkness is called day. 
We need a little relief.

No comments: