Friday, October 2, 2009

Here's What I Have To Say

Luke 22:66-69(The Message)
66-67When it was morning, the religious leaders of the people and the high priests and scholars all got together and brought him before their High Council. They said, "Are you the Messiah?"
 67-69He answered, "If I said yes, you wouldn't believe me. If I asked what you meant by your question, you wouldn't answer me. So here's what I have to say: From here on the Son of Man takes his place at God's right hand, the place of power."
Asking a question does not automatically mean that one is seeking an answer to that question.  That was the case here.  Jesus saw through the words and into their hearts.  He answered in truth to a question arising from malice.  
He said what He came to say, sent from the Father, full of mercy and grace.

No comments: