Thursday, March 14, 2019

A Pillar

Genesis 31:51-52 (ESV Strong's)

51 Then Laban said to Jacob, “See this heap and the pillar, which I have set between you and me. 52 This heap is a witness, and the pillar is a witness, that I will not pass over this heap to you, and you will not pass over this heap and this pillar to me, to do harm.


The pillar was a witness and a sacred stone in the Old Testament. In Revelation, Jesus says He will make the one who conquers a pillar in the new and eternal temple in Jerusalem. We will receive a white stone with a new name on it. (Rev 2:17)


We will become a living stone in the living temple of God in the New Jerusalem, giving witness to the Lord as a part of His sacred house. 


Revelation 3:12 (ESV Strong's)

The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

No comments: