Sunday, October 21, 2018

Separation


Luke 12:49-51 ESV 

“I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.


The fire cast on the earth may be viewed as a function of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit descended at Pentecost as tongues of fire on the disciples. That was the day of beginning when a new body of Christ became manifest. Out of the body of mankind a new form of mankind began to form, grow, and take shape in the womb of the world. Its birth will come when the sons of God are revealed as the Lord has determined. 


Jesus was baptized with water, Spirit, and death, which lead us in the way of life. These are the elements used to separate the light from darkness and enable the creation of man in the image of God. 

No comments: