Saturday, October 27, 2018

Casting Fire


Luke 12:49-51 ESV 

“I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.


God is creating man in His image. He is doing this through His Son who is the light of the world. 


Satan opposes this by conforming man in the image of the world which is in darkness without the light. 


We are creations of one sort or the other. The separation of light and darkness will result in the the division of the wheat from the tares and the sheep from the goats. 


This is the division that comes with the light of the fire of the Holy Spirit. That fire is ablaze on the earth and the darkness cannot overcome it. 


No comments: