Monday, October 22, 2018

His Work Is Our Rest


Matthew 11:28-30 ESV 

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


The work of the Lord is in the soul. It is the transformation of the spirit of man to enable the fruit of the Holy Spirit to appear. The Lord provides the way and it is up to us to take His yoke and walk with Him. For that we must say yes, and keep saying yes. 


His burden is light because He has broken the chains of sin that weighed heavily on our souls. The freedom we find in His light can only comprehended once we are redeemed from the burden of darkness. 


His work is our rest. 

No comments: