Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A Drink Offering - 2 Timothy 4:6-8

2 Timothy 4:6-8 ESV 


For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.


We should all strive to be poured out as a drink offering, for we are filled with the inexhaustible flow of the living waters from the Lord. Those waters are perfectly used and of maximum benefit to us as they flow through us unimpeded and into the world. 


We receive the crown of life when we finish the race that Christ has placed before us.  It is the walk of faith through the wilderness. He has made a way and leads us to His Father’s house. He will bring our crowns with Him when He returns on that day. 

No comments: